1921 - Football begins at Tracy High
1925— Football returns to Tracy High School.
1927— Citizen volunteers build fence around football field, which is named Peter B. Kyne Field for San Francisco author. Bleachers erected.
1936— Lights installed atop eight wooden utility poles to begin night games. Track constructed around field. (photos available on this website).
1948— Wooden bleachers from U.S. Navy Fleet City reconstructed on home side of field.
1979— Home-side bleachers found to be fire and structural hazards, ruled unsafe for use. Temporary bleachers used.
1980— Save Our Stadium (SOS) citizens’ group leads project, by raising funds and completing construction, to build new home-side metal bleachers and install new lights. Contributed and district funds finance project.
1993— Press box on east side reconstructed a year after arson fire destroys citizen-built press box.
1997— New natural turf is installed on a field leveled and prepared by citizen volunteers, who raised funds for project.
2008— Stadium is named Wayne Schneider Stadium to honor longtime coach of championship teams.
2011 — Final football game is played Nov. 4 on field. Demolition begins in July. Watch video of final game and transformation of field.
2012 - Tracy plays home games at West High for 2012 season while construction begins at Tracy High on new stadium
2013 - Stadium is completed on June 13, 2013. 1st official game is played on August 30, 2013 with a 32-21 victory over Sierra. Halftime fireworks display and pre-game ceremony for Wayne Schneider highlight the evening. Video of pre-game, Wayne Schneider, hafltime fireworks, etc here.
Tracy High Football
Copyright © 2019 Tracy High Football - All Rights Reserved.
Stu Jossey/Tracy High Football - 209-609-1456